Founded by George Bell (grandfather of current chairman David Bell) Ironsides Lubricants have been established for more than 75 years. The company began importing lubricants for the UK Steel industry during the 1930’s.
Following the acquisition of JS Oils in Stockport a candle and wax manufacturer, Ironsides Lubricants began making greases and oils at the current Stockport site.
January 1980 saw the Stockport factory severely damaged by fire and took almost 2 years to return to full production.
From this setback the company has gone from strength to strength and now manufactures high volumes of grease and specialist oils for their wholesale customer base in the UK and overseas.